Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica 6" Dome

Started by Marco P ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica 6" Dome

3 posts
  1. Hi!

    I have a Canon 5D and use a Aquatica housing. I´m thinking about getting the 6" dome for my 15mm fisheye lens to make it easier when shooting CFWA, how will the 6" dome perform? I already have the 8" dome and that is excellent, but a bit large for CFWA. I usually shoot fisheye at f8-f11. If it works, do I have to use the 6" dome shade?

     

    /Marco

  2. That 6mm dome works well with a Nikon D200 and 10mm lens with x1.4 Kenko convertor. I can't speak for your Canon setup.

     

    The downside of this technique has been brought up elsewhere, but it's worth repeating. You don't get the 'wide angle macro' effect unless you get really close to the subject; only a few subjects will tolerate you putting a dome to within a few inches of their noses. If you don't get the right subjects, you're left with what is basically a crap wide-angle lens. Nevertheless, this style of shooting can garner unique pictures.

     

    Good luck!

  3. Ok, thanks for your answer. I think I just continue shooting with my 8" dome, it´s a cheaper solution too...

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.