Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Allen key Aquatica housing

Started by Marco P ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Allen key Aquatica housing

11 posts
  1. post-18569-1267803760.jpg

    Does anyone know what size of Allen key I have to use to mount the tiny rubber wheel inside of my Aquatica housing for my Canon 5D that is for the power on/off? It fell off a couple of days ago.

    Please see attached image.

    Edited by Marco P
  2. Just pick up a set of small size allen wrenches then you're covered for most housing fasteners. Like 1.5mm to 6mm. Not sure what size for this one application but there's usually several controls & stuff on housing that require allens.

  3. Just pick up a set of small size allen wrenches then you're covered for most housing fasteners. Like 1.5mm to 6mm. Not sure what size for this one application but there's usually several controls & stuff on housing that require allens.

     

    I have those sizes but the 1,5 mm is still too large. I don´t think Aquatica use mm, I guess it´s inches. I can´t find any smaller size than 1.5 mm here in Sweden. If I get the right size, it´s easier to order over the internet. Aquatica should have a service kit, but I contacted them a few weeks ago and there´s still no answer from them.

  4. .050 inch

  5. I have those sizes but the 1,5 mm is still too large. I don´t think Aquatica use mm, I guess it´s inches. I can´t find any smaller size than 1.5 mm here in Sweden. If I get the right size, it´s easier to order over the internet. Aquatica should have a service kit, but I contacted them a few weeks ago and there´s still no answer from them.

    Aquatica is manufactured in Canada. I suggest that the part is metric. Try contacting Aquatica or a dealer: Aquatica Site.

    Bob

  6. Thanks for your answers, problem solved!

     

    /Marco

  7. Hi Marco, send me a private e-mail with your address and i'll put one in the mail for you, they are not metric BTW,

  8. Thanks Jean! I have sent you a private e-mail.

     

    /Marco

  9. I'll take care of it Monday when i'm back at the office

  10. [snip] they are not metric BTW,

    :clapping: Mea culpa

    Bob

  11. Hi Marco, send me a private e-mail with your address and i'll put one in the mail for you, they are not metric BTW,

    This is what service is all about, I had the same response from Aquatica with a dome lock for my housing. Great! :clapping:

    Edited by petern
Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.