Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon 100 mm lens w/ Ikelite and diopter

Started by danielstassen ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 100 mm lens w/ Ikelite and diopter

5 posts
  1. Hi folks,

     

    I am planning to buy the Canon 100 mm lens to use with my Ikelite housing, and would like to fit a +4 diopter for super macro photography.

     

    Do you have any experience using that set up w/ Ikelite?

     

    Do you know which port will fit both?

     

    Cheers

     

    Daniel

  2. no one really?

  3. no one really?

     

    There are several Canon 100mm lenses, I'm assuming you mean the macro version. There are two in production now, 100mm 2.8 USM, and 100mm 2.8L IS . They have slightly different dimensions.

     

    /Björn

  4. Hi folks,

     

    I am planning to buy the Canon 100 mm lens to use with my Ikelite housing, and would like to fit a +4 diopter for super macro photography.

     

    Do you have any experience using that set up w/ Ikelite?

     

    Do you know which port will fit both?

     

    Cheers

     

    Daniel

     

    Some time ago I used that set up with the "new" modular system. If it is the modular system you want to use, and if it is the non-is 100 macro you are using, I could set together the rig and check which extension is needed. I have no idea which port from the standard port system that could be used.

     

    Regards

     

    Bent

  5. Some time ago I used that set up with the "new" modular system. If it is the modular system you want to use, and if it is the non-is 100 macro you are using, I could set together the rig and check which extension is needed. I have no idea which port from the standard port system that could be used.

     

    Regards

     

    Bent

     

     

    DO NOT PUT A FILTER ON IF USING THE STANDARD PORT WITH FOCUS CONTROL (with 100mm usm) !!!!! It will hit the front of the port!!

     

    I learnt this the hard way. I borrowed a port from a friend and was chatting away while a put the port on. Thought 'this is a bit tight' and bingo nice scratches in the port!!! So card out and 1 new port for friend!! However the old port still works fine and the lens does not see the scratches.

     

    I would go for a modular setup. That way you have the flexibility to add diopers and tele's as you wish and if you also have the 8in dome they use the same extentions so less to lug around.....

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.