Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Mysterious Head Shield Slug?

Started by indigo ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Mysterious Head Shield Slug?

4 posts
  1. Found at Critter Corner, in around 25ft water, St. Vincent last Friday, approx 4 inches long. Originally thought that it was an Atlantic Sea Hare as it was so big!

    Mysterious Head Shield Slug?

     

    Thanks!

     

    Kay Wilson,

    Indigo Dive.

  2. Hi Kay - It is a beauty. I can check when I get home tonight & back to my library. Hopefully Annediver or another caribbean nudi lover can help out in the meantime.

    Cheers, Leslie

  3. I think it's Navanax aenigmaticus - http://www.seaslugforum.net/showall/navaaeni

    if you scroll down the posts you'll find some images by Alicia Hermosillo that show the same-ish pink background color and blue dots along the edges of the parapodia

  4. I think it's Navanax aenigmaticus - http://www.seaslugforum.net/showall/navaaeni

    if you scroll down the posts you'll find some images by Alicia Hermosillo that show the same-ish pink background color and blue dots along the edges of the parapodia

    Thank you Leslie, this dive was a sea slug fest, and this is something that I have never seen before!

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.