James,
please forgive my poor english .... ;-) ..... What I was trying to say is:
1) The Hugyfot closure system cannot be accidentaly opened and the torque needed to close it is really minimal and clearly explained on the owner manual .... Personally I feel safer with this system than any other on the market.
2) The Hugyfot o-ring sit in a groove on the front shell .... Visul inspection of the o-ring and removal of dust or dirt is a must after every opening (just like any other housing) but you do not need to service the o-ring whatsoever .... This is done by the Hugyfot service team once a year (if you dive a lot) or twice a year together with the general inspection and testing of the housing .... I don't know if this would be the same with either Aquatica or Nauticam, but it for sure a plus to me !!!
3) As you stated ergonomics and size are are sure plus
All this beiing said my vote still goes hand down to Hugyfot !!!!
All the Best ..... Francesco
Interesting point of view for sure.
I personally do NOT like the Hugyfot closure system. You should NOT need a tool to close your housing and you should not need to decide how much torque is enough to close it. That should be preset. The other manufacturers suitcase latch system DOES lock and cannot be accidentally opened. Then you have a really nice cam-lock system by a few of the German manufacturers which is even better.
And I'm not sure I understand the point about the o-ring either. Housing o-rings are either face sealing or face seal with a groove. In either case, they should be cleaned periodically and checked visually every time. I don't use a Hugyfot housing, but I probably only take my main o-ring out and clean it once every 15 or 20 dives. So that just doesn't seem like a big difrerentiator to me.
What I DO like about the Hugy housing is the ergonomics, and the small size.
Cheers
James