Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

D700 with DX lenses

Started by Mary Malloy ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

D700 with DX lenses

4 posts
  1. I have a 10-17 and 12-24 lens. What are my options for putting either of these on a D700 FF?

     

    Will they physically go on without breaking anything?

     

    What does the new file size become?

     

    Is there an option in the D700 settings to recognize the DX lenses, if so what happens?

     

    Can I choose not to turn this setting on, if so, what happens? How much zoom will I need on each lens to avoid the black circle? Will this then give me full resolution?

     

    Thanks for any help

     

    Mary

  2. See my blog on my small experiment on using DX lens to cover FX. It would be of interest to you as the Tokina 10-17 is the main test subject.

     

    If you should go this route I would like you to explore the quality of the final results, and report back.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.