Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Vibrating alarms

Started by AndreSmith ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Vibrating alarms

3 posts
  1. I am beginning to struggle hearing my dive computer alarms underwater. Seems its a rather common thing in us 50+ divers!

     

    I have heard that vibrating alarms work great even with thick wetsuits. Trouble is I havent come accross an air integrated wrist dive computer with vibrating alarms. Does anybody know if such a thing exists?

     

    Thanks, Andre

  2. I think Mares makes a computer with vibrating alarms?

     

    I agree I wish more comp makers added the function. I'm not in the 50+ crowd but with a 7mm hood on, the computer is difficult to hear anyway.

  3. I think Mares makes a computer with vibrating alarms?

     

    I agree I wish more comp makers added the function. I'm not in the 50+ crowd but with a 7mm hood on, the computer is difficult to hear anyway.

     

    I looked at the Mares website but didn't find vibrating alarms mentioned for any of their computers. So far the only one I have found is the TUSA IQ-800 DC Sapience Wrist Dive Computer. Unfortunately it is not air integrated. So still havent found anything that meets my needs. Too bad - it seems like such a simple concept!

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.