Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Popular Photography

Started by jimbo1946 ·

  • 19Posts
  • 19Replies

Read-only discussion

Popular Photography

19 posts
  1. I am thrilled to announce that one of my underwater photos is the 1st place winner in the "Your Best Shot" contest in the November issue of Popular Photography magazine. Thrilled for the $300, but especially thrilled to have an underwater photo in a mainstream photo publication.

     

    I recently sold the Aquatica 90 housing that I used to take the photo to cybergoldfish, so I expect great things from that housing in the hands of a master!

     

    Your%20Best%20Shot_1s.jpg

  2. Congratulations Jimbo!

     

    That figures - that Bob bought your film housing. That is so 90's

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Well, he bought the housing, but he conned me into loaning him my 14mm. He put up his two kids for collateral.

     

    I'm a natural born sucker!

     

    :D

  4. We have an idiom: suckers never died they just been replaced :D (Hope I translated it ok)

     

    Great shot, deserve the achievement.

  5. Amazing photo - one of the greatest behavior images I've ever seen! Small bit of advice, though - there are lots of fun photo contests out there with phenominal prizes, but once an image wins one you can't enter it in the others. Save your best for contests with the best prizes. This shot is 1st class!

  6. Thanks, Kasey. Popular Photography has first rights to the photo, but I can still enter it in other contests if I choose to. One thing that I was looking for in this case was the huge exposure that Popular Photography has.

     

    I appreciate the advice!

     

    Jim

    :(

  7. I think with the housings heritage it will continue to serve me well into the next century. I bought another one too so I can shoot WA & macro without all that damn port changing routine. As soon as my son can lift it he'll be using it too!

    14mm? :huh:

    90's eh - Portion of humble pie coming up...

  8. Popular Photography has first rights to the photo, but I can still enter it in other contests if I choose to.

    It's usually the 'other' competition you enter in that won't allow you to submit a photo that has been submitted for a comp. previously....

    Great shot though!

  9. BTW: This shot was an earlier Wetpixel winner... You may have to send the money back :huh:

  10. BTW: This shot was an earlier Wetpixel winner... You may have to send the money back :huh:

    By the way, Bob, I sprayed the housing with a toxic substance that even now is s-l-o-w-l-y destroying your central nervous system. Soon you'll be a drooling idiot and a source of great embarrassment to your family*.

     

    When I get my 14mm back, I'll send you the antidote.

     

     

    * Some tacky people may question whether we'll notice any difference, but I'm not about to go there...

     

    :)

    Edited by echeng
  11. HI, i am new to wetpixel i know bob and was on the manado trip.

    Have seen bob dance and the toxic substance has already started to work i think :huh:

  12. BTW: When you shake the 14mm now it's like one of those Christmassy things with an internal snow storm. I misread the label; wasn't Nikonos :huh:

    If you put it to your ear you can listen to the sea too :)

     

    My wife said she wouldn't notice many of the benifits of the drug you included apart from the fact my left eye now faces forwards. :freak:

     

    Message from our sponsors....

  13. That's some fast acting stuff Jim use with caution in the future. Hell, it had him using digital at times too.

     

    As for winning congrats, much better than that darn Rodales thingy.

  14. BTW: When you shake the 14mm now it's like one of those Christmassy things with an internal snow storm. I misread the label; wasn't Nikonos.

     

    Well, I'll have the world's most expensive paperweight!

     

    And now, can you spell a-n-t-i-d-o-t-e? :huh:

     

    Antidote_4.jpg

    Edited by echeng
  15. OK, I'll play!

     

    My guess is that it's a thumb and a plastic cup!

     

    Cheers

    James

  16. Is that steam coming off it?

  17. To quote Han Solo: "Laugh it up, fuzzball!"

     

    The antidote is now on its way to the Gulf of Mexico. You're doomed.

     

    But have a nice day!

     

    :huh:

  18. Doh! That's it Jimbo - I'm reporting you to the EPA! :-)

     

    Cheers

    James

  19. Doh!  That's it Jimbo - I'm reporting you to the EPA!

    HA HA HA!!! Those EPA guys are all on the Left Coast worrying about forest fires now! I'll get away with it.

     

    And with the antiquated sewer system of Atlanta, a lot worse than my meager contribution goes down the Chattahoochee!

     

    :huh:

    Edited by echeng
Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.