Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica - Canon 14mm f/2.8L II focus ring

Started by U Will Dread Me ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica - Canon 14mm f/2.8L II focus ring

14 posts
  1. Will aquatica ever make a focus gear for the Canon 14mm f/2.8L II ?

    This lens came out 2 years ago.

     

    If you are listening Aquatica, I will send you my lens so you can make one.

    Let me know

     

     

    Thanks

     

    Lee

  2. The lens is on order; it should get to our engineering bureau somewhere in the middle of next week (+/- 17th) then, if all goes well, it goes on the optical bench and I should get a prototype, official release and updated lens chart with parts number around the 23-24th,

  3. Thats great news. Can't wait

     

    Thanks

  4. The lens is on order; it should get to our engineering bureau somewhere in the middle of next week (+/- 17th) then, if all goes well, it goes on the optical bench and I should get a prototype, official release and updated lens chart with parts number around the 23-24th,

    I haven't seen anything on the Aquatica Website yet. Jean, is there an update on this?

  5. Still waiting for Canon to get me the lens, i'll shoot them an e-mail right away, it is kind of dragging on now :beer: I'm used to snappier rsponse from them!

  6. Still waiting for Canon to get me the lens, i'll shoot them an e-mail right away, it is kind of dragging on now :beer: I'm used to snappier rsponse from them!

     

    I will gladly send you my lens! I will fedex it tomorrow

    Just let me know

     

    Lee

  7. I will gladly send you my lens! I will fedex it tomorrow

    Just let me know

     

    Lee

     

    How did we go with this??

     

    Regards,

     

    Lance

  8. At last!!!!, locating the lens was problematic, but finally we got it and the gear will be #18771 and the extension is # 18462 (40mm), the new type charts are available at www.aquatica.ca (choose your housing and select its lens charts) or you can e-mail me at jean@aquatica.ca and I will forward you the requested charts.

  9. At last!!!!, locating the lens was problematic, but finally we got it and the gear will be #18771 and the extension is # 18462 (40mm), the new type charts are available at www.aquatica.ca (choose your housing and select its lens charts) or you can e-mail me at jean@aquatica.ca and I will forward you the requested charts.

     

    Great news-

    Now who has this in stock? I will buy one today

  10. The usual suspect should be able to order this for you, I fear no one has in stock as we just came up with the gear a few days ago, in any case it should not be a long delay if you order from one of the dealer on the side bar to your right ;-)

  11. I just received my new 18771 Focus Ring today and went to fit it only to find it is too loose and freely slides over the lens ring.

     

    Has anyone else had a similar problem with theirs??

     

    Regards,

     

    Lance

  12. I just received my new 18771 Focus Ring today and went to fit it only to find it is too loose and freely slides over the lens ring.

     

    Has anyone else had a similar problem with theirs??

     

    Regards,

     

    Lance

     

     

    Hi Lance, is your lens the 14mm f/2.8 type II or the earlier version which is phisically different,

     

    The 18771 gear is for the newer type II only, the 18713 gear is for the earlier version.

     

    Cheers

  13. Hi Jean,

     

    It's the newer type II and it's way too loose.

     

    Regards,

     

    Lance

  14. Can you PM me an image of the lens with the gear mounted on it at jean@aquatica.ca, I'll run this by engineering and get their feedback, that thing is supposed to be snug as a... use your imagination :unsure:

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.