Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Tokina 10-17 with only one stobe????

Started by CP1962 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Tokina 10-17 with only one stobe????

3 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I am thinking about Tokina 10-17mm but I want to use this lens with only one Inon Z 240 strobe.

     

    Can somebody show me some results with this lens with only one strobe?

     

     

     

    My website.

     

    www.onderwaterfoto1.nl

     

     

    :drink:

  2. Hi,

     

    Perhaps others have a different view but I'd consider the Tokina 10-17mm to be extremely difficult to use with a single strobe. I've attached an example of a poorly lit wreck with 2xDS125s with diffusers off.

     

    I guess it will ultimately come down to what you want to light and from how far away, but I'd find it quite difficult. Even with two strobes I find I find strobes I find strobe placement requires a fair bit of attention, which as shown above can come easily unstuck.

    post-4573-1268386259.jpg

  3. HI,

     

    You can use the Tokina 10-17 (just as any other fisheye lens) with just one strobe. But not in any situation. You can light single isolated objects, or if you get close, also the whole picture. But it is hard to light a complete reefscape.

     

    Often even one strobe gives a nicer effect than two. It is just a question to use that one strobe effectively ... here a image i shot with the 10-17 and one INON z240 ...

     

    Greets, Serge

    post-5531-1268387184.jpg

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.