Any ideas what kind of anemone this is? I can't find it in my invert books. Photographed at night in Lembeh Strait, Indonesia. Thank you!
![]()
Read-only discussion
Any ideas what kind of anemone this is? I can't find it in my invert books. Photographed at night in Lembeh Strait, Indonesia. Thank you!
![]()
I've seen this (or very similar) pairing of anemone and crab in Myanmar and Bali. Looks like "Armed anemone", Dofleinia armata. See 40% of the way down this page. However that exact species appears more stripey in several searches such as this one. The crab looks like Lissocarcinus laevis, "harlequin crab".
Thanks, Nick. That looks pretty close. There are some spotted ones on that page.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.