Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Problem with nexus d3 and 14-24mm port with sigma15mm

Started by ozmarlin ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Problem with nexus d3 and 14-24mm port with sigma15mm

1 posts
  1. Just bought 15mm sigma and I love the close focus but see inside of the dome port and the protective covering.

     

    At the moment in transit, in the philippines off to swim with whale sharks tomorrow, I have one nights shopping and am trying to find a camera shop before we fly off tomorrow 6am.

     

    I tried the 1.4 kenko tele converter and it sovles the problem to some extent but turns the lense into about 20mm.

    I am out looking for 1.1 or a 1.2 tele convertor or anything that might help improve the situation.

     

    I was using the 14-24mm nexus port which is really good, but now I have the 15mm fisheye I can unscrew the 14-24mm port into to components the dome and an extension ring.

     

    Basically put the dome part straight onto the housing. it misses by just a few millimeters. I am not even going to think about buying a special fisheye port as I have the 14-24mm port

    and I want my gear to be as portable as possible. I will post an example picture when I get a chance.

     

    thanks

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.