Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Need a small camera(or help with focus-problems on Gopro HD)

Started by kornse ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Need a small camera(or help with focus-problems on Gopro HD)

7 posts
  1. Hi all.

     

    I have just bought a GoPro HD(http://www.goprocamera.com/)

     

    I intended to use for freediving/spearfishing because of the size. Tiny! But when I tried it underwater the focus was really bad. It works perfectly above water so I just don't get why it wont work UW.

     

    So now I´m left with two choices. Fix the problem or sell the camera and by a new one.

     

    Fix?? Anyone??

     

    Sell/Buy: Wich camera would you recommend? It needs too be Hi resolution and small. I use Canon normally but i am open too other brands.

     

     

    Hope someone can help me.

     

    Cheers

     

    Mads

  2. Anyone????

  3. Anyone????

     

     

    For fixing the problem, I'm not familiar with the GoPro cameras, but my guess is that the problem with focus might have something to do with low light, and using a focus light would help

     

    For a new camera, what's your budget? How small do you want it to be? How high resolution is "hi resolution"? What environment will you be shooting in? How important is video as compared to prints?

  4. Hi Dave.

     

    I did a test in a well lit pool and in a bathtub. But i have decided too sell it and buy a new camera.

     

    I have a budget of around 550usd. The camera will mostly be used for filming freedivers and spearfishers so it needs to be compact. So video is more important than prints. It will be used in green water from the surface to 20meters.

     

    I have considered Canon ixus 200 and panasonic tz7. They both record in 720p. But I dont know anything about video so there might be something better out there.

     

    Thanks

     

    Mads

  5. try the modified gopro housing at:

     

    www.eyeofmine.com

     

    they add a flat lens to the housing....it sharpens up focus for video, so should work for stills

  6. Thanks but i sold the camera.

     

    Mads

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.