Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Belkin iPod Media Reader

Started by JackConnick ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Belkin iPod Media Reader

5 posts
  1. See: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...nMore=T7418LL/A

     

    This is waay cool B) !

     

    An adapter for the newer Apple IPods that allows you to download your favorite digital media onto an IPod without a computer. Very compact and IPods are huge; 20-40GB. Plus you can listen to all your hip tunes and have your addresses handy. ITunes and IPods are available for both Windoze and Macs.

     

    I love multitasking!

     

    Jack

  2. Yep, it's almost enough to make me buy an iPod (I'm looking hard at the 30 Gb model). Killing two birds with one stone and being cool simultaneously!

  3. Craig: "I have met you and you are NOT cool." Heh - Just kidding - it's a quote from Almost Famous.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. I can't deal with these devices that do both music and photos. My iPod is 95% full all the time, so it isn't so useful for photos. Would rather have a dedicated device. :(

  5. Perhaps we should all hold our horses...

     

    Preliminary reports suggest that the transfer speed from Belkin reader to iPod is only on the order of 300 KB/sec :(:blink:

     

    That's not going to help very much when you have a full 1GB card to dump :freak:

     

    For comments and discussion, see this early review from a user.

     

    I think a firewire based CF reader is probably the answer until this is resolved. If I had an iPod, I'd then drop the files on to it as a backup to the laptop, rather than reading to iPod first.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.