Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Just add water...and whale sharks! A7D

Started by Stewart L. Sy ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Just add water...and whale sharks! A7D

1 posts
  1. Hi All

     

    Finally got around to playing (dry-unfortunately) with my new Aquatica 7D Housing. Controls fall nicely to hand though I was confused briefly with the Q button as I didn't realize that it changes how the dials worked...never used it before. :) As a former Subal owner, I am SERIOUSLY impressed by the sheer quality of this setup. Once I shake this damn cold, then I'll be donning my much ignored drysuit and see what I can come up with!

     

    A7D.jpg

     

    Since I'm still using my old YS120s, I kept to the wired configuration. A nice surprise is that for 4-5 shots, at 8fps, the 120's could keep up at half power! Exposure verified by a pretty much unchanging exposure histogram from the camera. Guess I'll be loading up on the some 2700mah cells for my November whaleshark trip!

     

    Big thanks to Jean at Aquatica for patiently answering all my questions, Dave at Backscatter for my constantly...evolving order and Kelly B and Tony M for their assistance in getting the setup to me.

     

    Stu

    Edited by scubastu
Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.