Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

canon 7D-ikelite housing-ds160

Started by jejochen ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

canon 7D-ikelite housing-ds160

5 posts
  1. Hi there. I understand there are already a few members here who have the 7D with ikelite housing.

    Some questions:

    -It is very hard to impossible to control the photo-video button and also the dial know while in the housing. The buttons don't seem to have enough grip.

    -I can't find the option to fire my strobe on second curtain. I thouht this was possible, or am i wrong?

     

    For everything else, i just love the setup!!

     

    nice diving,

    Jochen

  2. Hi there. I understand there are already a few members here who have the 7D with ikelite housing.

    Some questions:

    -It is very hard to impossible to control the photo-video button and also the dial know while in the housing. The buttons don't seem to have enough grip.

    -I can't find the option to fire my strobe on second curtain. I thouht this was possible, or am i wrong?

     

    For everything else, i just love the setup!!

     

    nice diving,

    Jochen

     

    I do not have the 7D (I use 5DM2). However, I have discussed second curtain firing with Ikelite representatives and was informed that Canons implementation of second curtain firing was not covered in the Ikelite protocol (while Nikons is!). So it is very likely that you can not fire strobes on second curtain with Canon cameras. Which obviously sucks big time!

     

    Regards Bent C

  3. I do not have the 7D (I use 5DM2). However, I have discussed second curtain firing with Ikelite representatives and was informed that Canons implementation of second curtain firing was not covered in the Ikelite protocol (while Nikons is!). So it is very likely that you can not fire strobes on second curtain with Canon cameras. Which obviously sucks big time!

     

    Regards Bent C

     

    Oh crap...

  4. Gudge knows how but I think there are some mirrors involved. :)

     

    Steve

  5. So it is very likely that you can not fire strobes on second curtain with Canon cameras.
    You can if you shoot with fibre optic sync cords and set the Camera's internal flash to second curtain sync. This obviously not an option with the DS160 and electric sync cords but it works very nicely with my 7D (and 40D/50D before that) and Inon Z240's.
Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.