Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon 100 mm w/ TC + Diopter

Started by danielstassen ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 100 mm w/ TC + Diopter

4 posts
  1. Hi folks,

     

    If I use my canon 100mm w/ a 1.4 TC and a canon 500D close up lens, will it be able to focus automatically or will I need to focus manually?

     

    Cheers

     

    Daniel

  2. I've used this combination quite a lot with the 7D, 40D and 50D and had no real issues with autofocus other than it is a little slower than the 100 macro with no teleconverter.

     

    Edit: I'm using the older non-IS version of the Canon 100 macro.

    Edited by Gudge
  3. Daniel,

     

    I think from what i have read it depends on which 100mm lens u have. The older version with no IS works fine, if a little slower with a TC, but the IS version doesnt seem to work with AF with a TC.

     

    Im sure others with this setup can clarify, but thats what i understand from here

     

    Olly

  4. i find the autofocus to be quite slow with teleconverter - if you're patient it will get there. with center point focus on stationary subjects it's still probably better than trying to manual focus. a focus light is probably a good idea. it's going to behave the on land as UW

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.