Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

ID Help

Started by tomc ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

ID Help

5 posts
  1. I took this shot in Bali a couple of years ago. Can anyone tell me what this is?

    post-3775-1269106856.jpg

  2. I took this shot in Bali a couple of years ago. Can anyone tell me what this is?

     

    some decorator crab. very nice shot. :)

  3. Yes, I believe that you are correct. I did some web research and even though I knew that decorator crabs positioned anemones on themselves, I was not aware that coral polyps could be used as well. The symmetry of placement is impressive.

     

    TomC

  4. Hydroids. This particular crab is fairly well known (& photographed) but I've never seen it called anything but hydroid crab.

  5. I took this shot in Bali a couple of years ago. Can anyone tell me what this is?

     

    Hydroid Crab

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.