I just aquired an Ikelite 8" dome (5510.45) with portbody (5510.11), to be used with a housing for a canon 5d MKII w/15mm etc.
However as I have assembled it I am getting cencerned with the fit between the portbody and the housing. It feels rather a lot more wobbly than my previous set up (also Ikelite, for 20d but with standard 6" dome) which fit much more snuggly. I've the new housing/port only tried it empty in a large bucket, it seemed to hold the water out, in such a simple test.
And I would assume getting down to depth the preassure would secure it pretty good.
But I am concerned. Will it seal properly at the surface or at shallow depth?? I fear a minor bump will send water flooding in...
Anyone else using this set up, can suggest any remidies or tell me if they have experienced the same thing?