Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8 DX and a Sea&Sea housing

Started by pdemaagt ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8 DX and a Sea&Sea housing

6 posts
  1. I would appreciate some advice on using the nikon 17-55 with a Sea&Sea housing (MDX-D300). Sea&Sea themselves haven't included it in their system charts as an option (which is a bit of a surprise to me).

    Can somebody tell which port (and extension rings) they are using?

    Any help is welcome.

     

    Regards,

    Peter

  2. I'd recommend stacking an extension ring 40 & an sx extension ring in most domes, and a +2 diopter.

  3. thanks! So you do recommend using a diopter as well?

    Would it make a difference using the large fisheye domeport or the smaller one?

  4. I've only shot it in the 200mm Zen dome, and that was with a +2 diopter. We've had customers use it in the Optical Dome Port w/ +2, but I haven't seen the results.

  5. Just as a reference point, I use the 17-55 with my Nexus FP170 port, which is about 6.75" dia. +3 or +4 diopter depending on subjects I'm looking for. +4 seems to produce a slight sharper image in the corners, but lens will not focus at infinity at the 55mm end - good otherwise. With a +3 it will focus throughout the entire zoom range.

  6. Thanks Ryan and Jim for the inputs!

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.