Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

UW Photo stores in Singapore or Hong Kong?

Started by RedSeaDiver ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

UW Photo stores in Singapore or Hong Kong?

4 posts
  1. I might have a 24 hour stopover coming up in either Singapore or Hong Kong so I was wondering if there are any stores worth visiting in either city? I remember seeing an ad in a magazine for a store that I think(?) was in Singapore but I can't find the ad now.

    Edited by RedSeaDiver
  2. Although it's not specifically an UW Photo Store, I recommend going to Alan Photo Trading in Singapore.

     

    Alan Photo Trading

     

    I went to their store in Sim Lim Square when in Singapore for a stopover and ended up walking out with 1) a cool umbrella with Nikon on it and 2) an incredibly useful photo vest that I now use all the time when I travel on airplanes.

     

    The vest was well made and very inexpensive, especially after I bargained him down from the original price. As far as the umbrella goes, it was a Nikon promotion item. I walked out of the store and was halfway down the block only to find a store employee running after me with the umbrella, making sure I didn't walk off without it.

     

    Sim Lim Square is a fun place to shop with dozens of shops and you could easily spend several hours there.

     

    Ellen

    Edited by ornate_wrasse
  3. I might have a 24 hour stopover coming up in either Singapore or Hong Kong so I was wondering if there are any stores worth visiting in either city? I remember seeing an ad in a magazine for a store that I think(?) was in Singapore but I can't find the ad now.

     

    In Singapore there is scubacam which is an UW photo specific store, practically next door to Sim Lim square... mentioned in the previous post.

    Edited by Kuniei
  4. I have used Oceanic Focus in Singapore.

    www.oceanicfocus.com

    Email: info@oceanicfocus.com

    Tel: +65-9067-6304 (Skype)

     

    Never been to the store, or even Singapore, but they've shipped me numerous things in the past few years while diving in Indonesia. Excellent track record, have always received things very quickly, which is sometimes a challenge in Indonesia.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.