Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Is anyone using an external monitor with there 5D mkII

Started by MJvC ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Is anyone using an external monitor with there 5D mkII

3 posts
  1. I am considering trying to hook up an external monitor to my 5DmkII in a Subal housing.I would like to connect using the HDMI port on the camera. I know that the gates HD monitor connects to the HDMI port on the EX1 camera via a 6 pin Impulse wet connector on the housing. This solution seems to be ideal. If this solution cant work it is down to the RCA connector on the camera as the alternative.

     

     

    Any input would be greatly valued

    Thanks

  2. I am considering trying to hook up an external monitor to my 5DmkII in a Subal housing.I would like to connect using the HDMI port on the camera. I know that the gates HD monitor connects to the HDMI port on the EX1 camera via a 6 pin Impulse wet connector on the housing. This solution seems to be ideal. If this solution cant work it is down to the RCA connector on the camera as the alternative.

     

     

    Any input would be greatly valued

    Thanks

     

     

    I converted my old Subal F4 Pro case to take the Canon 5D2. For an external monitor installed the same Amphibico monitor I've been using for years with my Sony HDV setup.

     

    The Sealoc connector bulkhead was installed where the focus knob used to be...perfect location as it is almost flush with the side of the housing. Needed to replace the camcorder type AV plug with a mini jack to go into the Canon video-in socket.

     

    I didn't see much advantage in a HDMI monitor since the 5D2 only outputs in SD during video acquisition.

     

    By the way, I also installed a Gates hydrophone where the aperture control knob used to be. Works very well...even with the camera's AGC.

     

    Cheers

    post-16448-1269661672.jpg

    post-16448-1269661682.jpg

    post-16448-1269661695.jpg

  3. Check the DIVE AND SEE 7" HDMI external monitor. It should be work with your Subal housing. Required space for DIVE AND SEE custom HDMI cable 0.5"( inner clearance between the housing and camera).You can put the HDMI connector through the standard 0.5 inch diameter port opening of the housing.

     

     

    I am considering trying to hook up an external monitor to my 5DmkII in a Subal housing.I would like to connect using the HDMI port on the camera. I know that the gates HD monitor connects to the HDMI port on the EX1 camera via a 6 pin Impulse wet connector on the housing. This solution seems to be ideal. If this solution cant work it is down to the RCA connector on the camera as the alternative.

     

     

    Any input would be greatly valued

    Thanks

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.