Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Help with Aperture 2 problem please.

Started by AndyC ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Help with Aperture 2 problem please.

4 posts
  1. Hi everybody,

     

    I recently moved from compacts to dSLR, and consequently from JPEG to Raw, which is great. Up to now all my images have been made using available light (now have Z240 :) )

    I thought I was doing OK with the white balance adjustments in Aperture, but I've noticed an annoying little problem.

    When I'm happy with the image I move on to the next, however if I revisit the image to take a look at it. The image does not appear the same as in the film strip viewer at the bottom of the screen? or a least it does for a few seconds. But once the "loading" message disappears, so does the corrected image.

     

    Does, or has anyone else experience this? Any help appreciated.

     

    Cheers

    Andy.

  2. Are you in Preview mode (P). If there is a yellow highlight around your image, you are in preview mode, which will only show you the thumbnail from the RAW file. While this is very fast, it doesn't take into account your edits.

  3. I've just taken a look at this.

    I'm not in preview mode, but when I do view the image in preview it stays the same as the one in the viewer? I also tried it using the slideshow option and again the image remained the same as the viewer? Maybe the slideshow uses the preview option for quicker loading?

  4. Sounds like a dumb question, but are you sure you are viewing the right version of the image when you return to it. Once you do a white balance Aperture will make a new version and keep the master, if you return to the master instead of the white balanced version somehow, you will see the unchanged RAW. Not in front of Aperture now, but I recall there's a View as Master setting or something, that may need to be turned off

    Edited by loftus
Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.