Hey all,
just posted a new video of a night dive in Kona with the manta rays. Hope you enjoy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a2aqK2EfJs
Aloha,
Craig
Read-only discussion
Hey all,
just posted a new video of a night dive in Kona with the manta rays. Hope you enjoy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a2aqK2EfJs
Aloha,
Craig
Hey Craig, pretty cool mate.... ![]()
Liked the bit where the sleepy old Manta bumps the camera.
Need to put some diffusers on ya lights there to spread the beam out more for shots like that I recon.
What lights were you using anyhow?
That was gorgeous Craig. Nice to have something a little different on here.
Well done
Dive safe
DeanB
Love it! I really enjoyed it.
One question ... having never been on a manta dive ... is that rendered in real-time or is it slowed a bit?
Very cool - great pairing with the song too!
Phil
Thanks for the comments all, glad you enjoyed it.
Yes, lighting was really tough. On camera I had a pair of Sunray 2000s. They do show hotspots and more diffusion is needed for sure. Was filming through a Fathom super wide port and the lights' beam is way too focused for full wide shooting with that port. The other problem was that the mantas were continually bouncing off my rig and banging the lights out of position - had to constantly try to reposition them. And also, in most of those shots where the hotspots are noticeable, the rays are just inches from the lens. No amount of diffusion could help in that situation - you really need a lighting assistant with the lights several feet away to hit those shots right.
Re the slo-motion, yes there is some 60fps overcrank which I think works really well with these animals. I feel it adds to the sense of their size.
Aloha,
Craig
Craig, Great Job! Like the edit and the song choice too. Have to say I absolutely love the LOOK of this one and the one you posted last week. Are you doing lots of color correction/saturation/sharpness type post work or are these shots straight out of the hvx200? Also, I like the overcrank.
Craig, Great Job! Like the edit and the song choice too. Have to say I absolutely love the LOOK of this one and the one you posted last week. Are you doing lots of color correction/saturation/sharpness type post work or are these shots straight out of the hvx200? Also, I like the overcrank.
Thanks Minsk. There is no color correction/sat/sharpness done on any of these shots. The only post done was on a few of the shots I had to crop the bottom left corner a few lines to get rid of a nasty reflection that showed up when the rays came real close and reflected light from the upper right. The look is all done in camera with the HVX's customization options through scene files.
Aloha,
Craig
Very nice! Made me feel I was there again.
Very nice.
like the music choice.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.