Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Wolfeel and Mukilteo T-Dock area video

Started by wolfeeldiver ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Wolfeel and Mukilteo T-Dock area video

7 posts
  1. Here’s a short video taken recently at the Mukilteo T-Dock dive exploring the area. This site is located in Washington state. Watch for the wolfeel at about 3-4 minutes into the video.

     

  2. HI, Mike. He was a fast mover out of that pipe! Very bold. All the wolf eels I've ever seen timidly retreat. Thanks for posting.

  3. HI, Mike. He was a fast mover out of that pipe! Very bold. All the wolf eels I've ever seen timidly retreat. Thanks for posting.

    Yea, this guy was very inquisitive initially.. really checking us out. And we didnt have any bait either. I've heard from other divers that dive this area of the same behavior by this wolfie.

  4. Nice video - I really like the close work. What are you using for camera support? I caught a glimpse of it in one shot but couldn't tell what it was. Does it allow for camera movement or just lockdown shots?

     

    And that wolfie has been there for some time now, but I've never seen him come out. He's generally in the pipe on the upslope center portion of the Geodome.

  5. Nice video!

     

    What bitrate you are using?

     

    / Kai

  6. Nice video!

     

    What bitrate you are using?

     

    / Kai

    Thank you, The original was shot in 1440 x 1080 60i 25mbps HDV and for posting onto youtube I reencoded it to 1280 x 720 progressive at 6,000,000 CBR .

    Edited by wolfeeldiver
  7. Nice video - I really like the close work. What are you using for camera support? I caught a glimpse of it in one shot but couldn't tell what it was. Does it allow for camera movement or just lockdown shots?

     

    And that wolfie has been there for some time now, but I've never seen him come out. He's generally in the pipe on the upslope center portion of the Geodome.

    Yea.. he's a fussy little guy.. I hear that often.. sometimes he comes out to play.. other times he just hides in the pipe. He was hiding for the first half of our dive, then he came out and checked us out briefly.. then back into his tube for the rest of the day. I got lucky that day.

     

    My "tripod" is a home made labor of love. Its close in apperance to a Gates tripod, but has a ball head and quick disconnect mount. I can carry it much like a sling tank when swimming then when at the site "connect" it to the housing. Its a combonation of custom machined parts and off the shelf components. With my current ball head its just capable of lockdown shots.. but I'm working on some ideas that will give me some minimal panning capabilities. Its an ongoing project. In fact.. I've got nothing to do right now so I think I'll work on it a bit.. :)

    Edited by wolfeeldiver
Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.