I have a question which I have sent to a number of different forums and sources related to the monitor brightness on the CoolPix 5000 when in manual mode. I purchased the CP 5K over the summer with a Ikelite 6190 housing and a DS 125 strobe. I recently took the camera for its first outing to St. Vincent. The difficulty that I ran into was the inability to adequately compose the shots when in the manual mode due to the monitor brighness dimming sue to the setting of the F stop and shutter speed. I did end up with some good results but I missed many shots sue to the inability to compose. Is there any way to place the monitor in the preview mode so that it is as bright as when in auto mode? It seems like I'm the only one who has this concern. Maybe my vision is just bad! I've tried using the modeling light on the DS 125 strobe, but that didn't really help.
Any comments or suggestions?