Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

I need a good book on …

Started by Poliwog ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

I need a good book on …

2 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I have been asked by a friend to participate in a small, Ministry of Culture and Recreation sanctioned, underwater archaeological project.

     

    I will most likely be contributing some photographic expertise to the project.

     

    And, to that end, does anyone know of a good book on underwater archaeological photographic techniques?

     

    Websites oriented to underwater archaeological photographic techniques would be great interest also.

     

    Thanks.

  2. Hi Paul,

     

    I'm not aware of any book specifically on underwater photography in archaeology. There's a short section in 'Underwater Archaeology; The NAS guide to principles and practice 2nd edition' (ISBN 978-1-4051-7591-3) but it is rather basic. There's also a decent paper by Martin & Martin in The International Journal of Nautical Archaeology, vol 31, pages 137-147, on the use of Photoshop to produce photomosaics. If you are interested in recording a site then this might be useful. If you want to record individual finds then you just need good photographic technique but you must include a scale, preferably graduated in centimetres, in the image.

    Hope this helps,

    David

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.