Ok, so I have been looking at getting an upgrade with a limited budget. I am using a P&S (fuji 200EXR), but am looking to extend it by either adding a strobe or a wide angel lens (may be both in the future).
I want something that will be flexible, but I do love my macro so in a little bit of a quandary.
Any suggestion which would be best to get first?
How durable are the wide angel lens?
Hi TNT,
If you are staying with point and shoot for the next while..both are essential pieces of kit- and are 'must have' tools.
If it was me personally.......buy external strobe first(without doubt).....wide angle next.
Hope this helps!
Hi TNT,
I would second the external strobe, it will give you better colours, reduce backscatter form internal strobe and allow you to shoot macro with a greater depth of field by using smaller aperture.
Hope this helps.
Tristan
TNT,
a strobe is bulkier to carry over and under water but it helps to get better colours and saturation to your pics among other vantages.
WA-Lenses are as durable as long as you: wash them, dont scratch them and don't drop them and they are easy to carry.
WA-Lenses can be used to take very nice ambient light shots and they are cheaper than a decent flash.
If you may thinking aout upgrading your rig you should invest in a good, powerful flash like a INON Z240/2000 for example.
Chris
Thanks for the help guys. I think I will go for the stobe i was looking at the Sea & sea YS110a, but will check that other one out you recomend and see how far I can stretch the budget. I'm sure it won't be long before I get the wide angel lense too (unless I can get the SLR in the water before then).