Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

New Web Site

Started by marktol ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

New Web Site

6 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    Recently I decided to create myself a web site. Been a few years since ive done any web developement so ive had to reteach myself almost from scratch again. Its more of a first draft at the moment and am looking for extra's to add to it. Any comments or suggestions always greatfully received.

     

    The gallery content is pulled from my Flickr so I can add new galleries etc there and its all pulled through including the names etc which im really pleased with. The map section is still WIP and im trying to come up with ways of improving this, probably looking to add a trip report section at some point as well. I also need to get a few more trips in to fill the map a bit more as well...

     

     

    www.mark.tolcher.co.uk

     

     

    Cheers,

     

    Mark

  2. I also need to get a few more trips in to fill the map a bit more as well...

    Mark

     

    Now I have heard it all :o any excuse for another trip eh?

    The site looks very nice indeed with a good range of shots there as well.

     

    Tristan

  3. Congrats Mark. Looks good and is easy to use.

     

    The map is a cool feature. And I am jealous of you seeing a guitar shark in the Red Sea!

     

    Alex

  4. Thanks Alex,

     

    I actually saw a couple of them but couldnt get close enough for a decent shot. They were at Marsa Abu Dabab, as everyone knows this is supposively where Dennis the Dougon lives; the dive centre we were diving with were offering it as a 'must do dive site' for that reason. Once we had paid our money and were on the bus they told us that Dennis hadnt been seen there for several months so we wernt impressed at the time..!

     

    Mark

  5. Tristan,

     

    Thanks for your comments, of course with the extra trips on the map will come some extra galleries which im also somewhat lacking in as well :o

     

    But then the side effect of that will be an even greater need to upgrade again to an SLR...! lol

     

    Cheers,

    Mark

  6. And I am jealous of you seeing a guitar shark in the Red Sea!

     

    Alex

    We tend to see a few of them in The Gardens, Mainly between middle and fiddle garden

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.