Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Cowfish tongue ?

Started by Idivethereforeiam ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Cowfish tongue ?

4 posts
  1. I have photographed this cowfish in Lembeh - Air Bajo , i could not figure out the thing in the little fellow's mouth?

    Any ideas? Fish? Tongue? Prey ?

     

    Cheers,

     

    4484036278_4a611d4ee2_o.jpg

  2. Prey. They're bottom feeders that eat crustaceans, small inverts, & will graze on some algae.

  3. Thank you, it is probably a member of the scaphopoda then.

     

    Cheers,

  4. I think that you are looking at the arm of a shrimp.

    Cheers,

    Marli

     

     

    I have photographed this cowfish in Lembeh - Air Bajo , i could not figure out the thing in the little fellow's mouth?

    Any ideas? Fish? Tongue? Prey ?

     

    Cheers,

     

    4484036278_4a611d4ee2_o.jpg

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.