Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

PT-015 Transport/storage

Started by DaNemesis ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

PT-015 Transport/storage

6 posts
  1. I'm a new owner of a OLY PT-015 UW housing and wondered what type of bag/case the seasoned UW photographers use to store and transport the equipment.

     

    DaNemesis :(

  2. Hi, and welcome to Wetpixel!

     

    If you click on the search button and enter "camera case" or "camera bag" you will get lots of information.

     

    Over there last few months, there have been some great posts about this topic.

     

    Cheers

    James Wiseman

  3. Thanks James.

     

    I had done a search, but I guess it was in the wrong forum.

     

    DaNemesis :freak:

  4. I use a hightech Walmart cooler that is I believe designed for a six pack of beer. It's the right size, has a hard plastic inner shell, foam outer shell and cost around $5. I travel with one for the housing with the camera inside, and one for two Z220 strobes, and they both stack up neatly inside my carryon daypack.

  5. I personally use a Pelican case. I brought it recently to the Bahamas as my carry-on. It held my PT-010, PT-015, Oly 4040, Oly 5050, U/W Macro, U/W WAL, and probably something else that I have forgotten. The Pellican worked for me, but I would fear putting ANYTHING in the cargo hold. Those TSA luggage rapists totally destroyed about $200 of my dive gear on my last trip(eg you don't have to knife open my UW Kinetics rechargeable battery to figure out it's not a WMD). Anyway, hold it close to you if you want it to arrive alive.

  6. Try travelling with a cannister light. Battery packs come under close scrutiny due to their profile and chemical characteristics that cause screeners to be extra careful.

     

    My vote goes for a Pelican case but I normally throw my camera in housing and strobe in a backpack wrapped in a towel.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.