Okay...I am looking at the 5060 and wondering if I should go for it. I will be here in Japan in the beginning of Nov(when I THINK I saw it was being released). I am just starting to wonder about IF I should buy. I see this as one of their smaller leaps forward(revision of old model) and not really a NEW model. It's exciting that there is a new f-stop and less shutter lag. I love the fact that we can use our above-water WAL and strobe in new casings. And a wider ange lens is great news, too. But when I think about it, I'm wondering if I am not better off with my current Oly 5050 setup.
Why? Because I have already bought both the U/W lenses and the above-water ones, so I get no savings for that feature. A new wider lens is great, but I have a WAL for my setup and don't know if the difference would be worth the expenditure. And I really wonder if the Oly strobe-in-a-box will compare to the Ikelite that I am drooling over right now...
On the other hand, another f-stop, less shutter lag, and a smaller compact setup(since I am a freediver) does seem rather appealing. Question is--is it appealing enough to buy the camera, the case(s), and the above-water strobe(don't currently use one) for these benefits.
Normally when Oly mentions "new product" or "shinhatsubai" I start drooling, but I am starting to weigh the economics of this one and I don't feel myself reaching for the wallet...can someone change my mind by pointing out things that I have missed or misinterpreted? Thanks...