I have started a new photographic project that is related to my normal photography but also totally separate. For these reasons I want to place this project on its own website (not part of amustard.com).
I do not have any website building software, I am no programmer and never tried using one of those templates for websites you can get. I do my own website, but that it just adding to a template in PHP that one friend of my wrote for me in exchange for a scanner I won in a competition (years ago). So I am open for suggestions.
The project means starting (a fairly basic website) from scratch. The main purpose of the website is to showcase the images from the project, hopefully in a more interesting/artistic way than just typical thumbnail galleries (but not fussy). As the project stands the website will be the main/only place where the images can be viewed- so this is important that the experience of viewing them is more enjoyable than clicking on little thumbnails. At this stage I am not planning on publishing them.
I also want the ability to write some text on the site (introducing the motivation behind the project, the different collections and shoots) - and possibly an infrequent blog of the shoots (to give a bit more of a human side). But ultimately this will be a very simple website.
I have not got any sponsors for this project. I am yet to decide if I want any, my idea is that this is a totally uncompromised artistic endeavour. So budget for web-development has to be small-ish. I do not have much disposable income (e.g. I can't afford an iPhone, let alone an iPad)!
So any suggestions on good solutions - software, ready built templates - gratefully received.
Many thanks
Alex