Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Advice: Canon S45, Epoque DS150, Sea&Sea MMII

Started by Skinny Diver ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Advice: Canon S45, Epoque DS150, Sea&Sea MMII

4 posts
  1. Dear all,

    I have the following setup;

    - Canon S45

    - WP-DC 300

    - Sea & Sea Bayonet Adapter for MMII

    - Epoque ES-150DS, with Fibre Optic Cable.

     

    I've been using the camera for about 6 months in a basic setup and had really good results but have now added the ES-150DS to enhance my photos.

    I also took advantage of an offer to purchase the recently (re)manufactured Sea & Sea Bayonet Adapter for MMII lenses.

     

    I would like to receive any advice the forum can give on the following;

    - the optimal setup of the Flash components (Camera settings, and ES-150 settings), things to avoid, hints and tips etc.

    - which lense is more appropriate for wide angle the 16mm or the 20mm?

    - is it worth purchasing an Underwater Colour Correction Filter?

    - anything else of interest!

     

    Looking forward to bowing to your combined wisdom ;-)

  2. Run some searches in the forums here, most of your questions where discussed here more then once.

    e.g. there is a huge thread about using correcting filters in the 'Techniques and Tips' section.

     

    few words about settings with the strobe: in manual mode there isn't the pre-flash so you have to set it also in the strobe, in my camera this mode is problematic since I can't control both the speed and the aperture, but as I remember in your s45 its can be done, so its look to me like the desirable case.

    You have to try yourself the best combination that suit your setting, since you don't have TTL its a matter of tests to find the best combinations for the correct exposure.

  3. Hi Alto,

    thanks for the feedback, I'm currently wading through the other parts of the forum but thought that if there was someone with the same setup I could lean on their experience as well.

    I'll certainly start the trial and error process ;-)

     

    Regards

     

    Skinny

  4. Ahat I can suggest you is to take a slide to your next dive, start to play with F numbers and the exposures of the strobe and write the combination you found good for several situations (macro, 30-50 cm distance, 1m distance). That way you'll have a starting point for your next dives.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.