Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

EDIUS 5.5

Started by wagsy ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

EDIUS 5.5

6 posts
  1. EDIUS 5.5 is out for those that want to edit raw AVCHD, 5D or 7D movs at full resolution or even mix them all together.

    Time to upgrade to Windows 7 64bit me thinks.

  2. Wagsy,

    Just curious, how does Edious integrate with After Effects? The new CS5 AE has some great new features. Wait to you see their new motion tracking abilities.

    Steve

  3. Hi Steve

    I don't use After Effects really, spend too much time on the computer as it is....lol

    But when I have built the new i7 - Win 7 I may get into it abit more.

     

    But you edit your clip/s together and render them out to say a Canopus HQ or lossless codec and import them into After Effects.

    Then you render out from After Effects to the Canopus HQ or lossless codec again and into EDIUS.

     

    There is also a plugin that allows you to use many After Effects filters straight in EDIUS.

    Downlaod a PDF for a look Here

    Its still in the beta stages though.

  4. EDIUS 5.5 is out for those that want to edit raw AVCHD, 5D or 7D movs at full resolution or even mix them all together.

    Time to upgrade to Windows 7 64bit me thinks.

     

     

    I've spent a couple of days trying EDIUS 5.5...

     

    So far it's doing a great job of editing native MOV files straight out of the Canon...even with my old Quad core.

     

    Makes the workflow much easier not having to convert to HQ avi...and maintains the original quality/color better right through to Blu-ray.

  5. Yes its certainly makes life easy not having to convert to a codec

     

    I can manage raw movs with two titles and color correction on my old XP Quad here.

    Transitions are all real time except the GPU ones.

    Can also have a raw mov with a raw HDV m2t file in a pip with color correction but that's about it.

     

    I think we need Win 7 and a i7 chip to get multiple streams running.

    Edited by wagsy
  6. Yes its certainly makes life easy not having to convert to a codec

     

    I can manage raw movs with two titles and color correction on my old XP Quad here.

    Transitions are all real time except the GPU ones.

    Can also have a raw mov with a raw HDV m2t file in a pip with color correction but that's about it.

     

    I think we need Win 7 and a i7 chip to get multiple streams running.

     

     

    Absolutely! I'd like to see what the new 6 core i7-980x could do with this...

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.