Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Adobe Creative Suite 5 launch event

Started by adamhanlon ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Adobe Creative Suite 5 launch event

8 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    Adobe are having a live online launch event for CS5 today, Monday 12th April

     

    You can register here

     

    It is scheduled for 8am PDT and 11am EDT, which is 4pm UK time!

     

    The word is that the product will ship next month.

     

    Adam

    Edited by adamdiveruk
  2. The word is that the product will ship next month.

     

     

    Gentlemen, start your credit cards :beer:

  3. I watched the launch, a little underwhelmed. Did anybody hear an actual date for availability. I know you can "preorder" but I can't find a solid guess for when.

     

    Did I understand the Premiere Pro evangalist (love that job title) correctly. If I purchase CS5, and run it on Windows 7 and buy a new Nvidia card, then I will be able to handle native Canon video files?

     

    Steve

  4. This has some really sweet features for photo retouching that should really help the underwater photographer. The puppet warp tool is just plain cool. I am surprised Lightroom didn't come out first. Hmmmm.

     

    www.adobe.com

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

    Edited by scubamarli
  5. I watched the launch, a little underwhelmed. Did anybody hear an actual date for availability. I know you can "preorder" but I can't find a solid guess for when.

     

     

    The preorders have estimated ship of mid-May

    Click on this link and open up the Buy/Upgrade tab, right below the pre-order and upgrade when opened says expected ship Mid May

  6. Merged two CS5 threads into one.

    Edited by echeng
  7. The preorders have estimated ship of mid-May

    Click on this link and open up the Buy/Upgrade tab, right below the pre-order and upgrade when opened says expected ship Mid May

     

    Thanks Drew, you giving odds on May? I'm just having trouble understanding the logic. Lightroom has been in Beta for 5 months now with roll out in maybe June. They plan to release a package of Production Premium CS5 with 7 programs including the new Photoshop and Premiere Pro etc. without a major beta in 30 days?

     

    Of course on the other hand it might explain why LR is still in Beta. All the programmers are busy getting 5 ready to go.

     

    makes my head hurt,

     

    Steve

  8. Thanks Drew, you giving odds on May?

     

    I would think the odds are pretty good, in the past they have shipped pretty close to the estimated times on my other pre-orders as far as I remember. My guess is that the Suite has gone through alot of testing already, but not in a public beta sort of way. Probably more closed testing. I need to get on these beta lists at some point. :D

     

    LR seems to be one they have being doing alot of public beta with since it started, and when it is all said and done, it really is only V3 with some radical changes. A real smart idea getting feedback along the way, tons of testers plus get people hooked and since it is not released yet, all bugs are "yeah, but it is just in Beta, will be fixed on release." :beer:

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.