I have no stake in the matter other than being an interested HD Hero owner. I just found this info today on a GoPro fan forum and thought it was worth sharing. I have no idea what the fix is or how it might change the field of view.
What a great little camera for getting cool shots and no worries if it gets destroyed too..
Now lets see now, TRUE HD...nope it aint...
Its 1920/1080 @ 15mbps H.264..... that's heavily compressed video footage.
Thats along way from 1920/1080 130+mbps true HD.
It's a long way from that quality, but it also has a price to match.
Ordered the housing and had a chance to test it out at a local Artificial reef.
while It may not be the greatest "HD" and has horrible sun balls. The camera is very small, has some nice features.
The eyeofmine housing looks well made, was taken to 112' ft and worked fine. Eyeofmine customer support was also exceptional when I called and asked about the lense and defogging with Fogx ( ok and recommended)