Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon D400, D750 rumor?

Started by ssra30 ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon D400, D750 rumor?

10 posts
  1. Has anyone heard anything more concrete about this?

    I was away on a trip and I heard from a friend on the trip who is very reliable usually, about D750.

    However, he did not say anything about D400. When I got back and checked internet, looks like there is a lot

    of talk about both D400 and D750. Another person also confirmed that Nikon should be making official announcement

    in the next 2 months and supposedly local distributor is now preparing local language brochure for it.

    Unfortunately it is a long holiday in Thailand right now so I can't verify with my usual source probably until

    next week :(

     

    Speculate away ;)

  2. Nikon said to me last week not to expect anything big until Photokina in September. But that may have just been a plan to help them shift existing stock of bodies!

     

    Alex

  3. I suppose that sounds about right. If Nikon plans to make official announcement in 2 months time which would be around June, I won't expect the camera until sometimes closer to the end of the year anyhow.

    I am curious to see how good the D400 will be with high ISO. I assume that D750 will be better but if D400 has a very good usable ISO 1600-3200 or higher, would there be any reason to really go full frame with D750 (assuming AF and other features being relatively the same).

    Battery grip for both models will be new with different dimensions from current grips so presumably they will not fit in existing housing so probably it won't be until next year sometimes before somebody will get to use it underwater.

  4. Bringing this thread from the second page as some new rumors are starting to pop out around the net:

     

    http://nikonrumors.com/2010/04/15/rumors-s...e-pipeline.aspx

     

    They are talking about three new cameras, a possible replacement for the D90, another for the D300s and the third for the D700...

  5. Hmmm... my usual source claims absolutely no firm knowledge yet of any new Nikon camera even when I threatened them that I am going to get a 7D :D

  6. Just wear a red shirt and threaten to bring the gang to the office, that should get them thinking! :lol:

     

    Khun Boi, still dreaming of vaporware? :D

  7. I think one thing we can be sure of, Nikon will introduce at least 3 new DSLR's in the future! :D

  8. Just wear a red shirt and threaten to bring the gang to the office, that should get them thinking! :)

     

    Khun Boi, still dreaming of vaporware? :lol:

     

    Its the dream of Nikon vaporware that made my D2X lasted me all these 5 years :)

    Canon just does not have enough vaporware to make me wait and I surely will be broke from

    keeping up with buying Canon's newest toy!

     

    Gotta love a company that make you wait and wait some more before taking your money away :D

    Unfortunately the red shirt has been kept off Silom and Nik Thailand pretty effectively so far so I can't

    use that threat!

    Edited by ssra30
Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.