Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Rendering video in Vegas 6C

Started by stewsmith ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Rendering video in Vegas 6C

3 posts
  1. Hi there, sorry but I am using my husband's account for this as I cannot sign up with the same email address.

     

    I have just created my first video in Sony Vegas (yes it took me hours and hours and hours.....)

     

    Ive got all the video done and now I need to add music to it. Before I do that should I render it first or wait til the music is added. I want it for Vimeo and for authoring to a dvd using Sony architect. Please dont think by this post I know what I am talking about (because I dont!)

     

    Thanks in advance.

     

    Lou

  2. You can add your music to it before rendering.

     

    I'm pretty sure in Vegas 6 there is an MPEG2 template specifically for authoring with DVD Architect (see: file > render as > MainConcept MPEG-2 > template). As for Vimeo, there are all sort of formats you could render to that they would accept. You might send them that same MPEG2 file if the video is not too long and the filesize is acceptable for upload. Otherwise you could try Windows Media (WMV) or Sony AVC or MainConcept AVC. If the source footage is interlaced then deinterlace it (for the Vimeo file, not the DVD file) by making sure that Field Order is set to "none (progressive scan)" in File > Properties and in the video settings of the render template you choose.

     

    For Vegas-specific questions, even with old versions, I highly recommend the official Sony Vegas forum. There are lot of very experienced and helpful people there.

  3. Ah brilliant, many thanks nick. I shall take a look at that forum

     

    cheers again for the reply.

     

    Lou

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.