I want to make up my own underwater optical slave trigger using a cheap topside optical slave trigger.
I have an old sync cord that i want to wire to the hotshoe of the slave trigger....pretty straight forward.
But i need some ideas on waterproofing/pressure proofing it.
I have two ideas so far:
1.\ Get an old point and shoot housing, and put the optical slave trigger inside it. Drill a hole in the housing for the sync cord to come out of. But what would be the best way to create a watertight seal where the cord enters the housing? Any ideas please?
2.\ Dip the slave trigger unit (with cord already wired to it) in some type of opaque resin that will pressure proof and waterproof the whole unit, yet allow light to still enter so the trigger is activated. Does anyone have any ideas on an appropriate substance that would acheive these ends?