Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

5.1 Surround Microphone

Started by Steve Douglas ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

5.1 Surround Microphone

2 posts
  1. Not sure how or if this would be used in underwater work but topside shooting is always an important part of any underwater documentary. I was recently sent a highly regarded mic from Holophone called the Porta Mic Pro 5.1 which contains its own Dolby Digital Encoder and captures in 5.1 surround sound. It was widely used by the broadcasters at the recent Vancouver Olympics I have shot test audio with it but haven't begun the workflow. Will report when I have learned a bit more.

    Steve

  2. This was probably the most time consuming review I have ever done but was well worth it. Rather than print the whole thing with graphics here, you can go to

    http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/holop...de_douglas.html and read it. I included the workflow as well. You can be sure that with the 3D systems coming soon, this professional piece of equipment or many like it will be just as important to your final production.

    Steve

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.