Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Back Up Camera Firmware Before Updating? (Canon)

Started by TheRealDrew ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Back Up Camera Firmware Before Updating? (Canon)

5 posts
  1. Misplaced the the topic, but in a recent thread someone mentioned that they backed up the Canon 5D Mark II firmware before updating. I was not sure if there was a way to do so from the camera or they had an older version that was downloaded or from a CD that came with the camera.

     

    Was just curious of the way to do it in case I want to roll back to a prior version for whatever reason.

  2. There is a new version of the 7D firmware out there now too and I was just wondering the same thing. Do you guys keep a copy on a CF card or something just in case?

     

    Steve

  3. There is a new version of the 7D firmware out there now too and I was just wondering the same thing. Do you guys keep a copy on a CF card or something just in case?

     

    Steve

    I copy the old firmware to a file on a compact flash card. never had to use it so far.

    BIll

  4. I copy the old firmware to a file on a compact flash card. never had to use it so far.

    BIll

     

    Do you copy from the camera somehow or is it the older downloads?

  5. Do you copy from the camera somehow or is it the older downloads?

    Mine was copied from the previous (1.0.9) upgrade to 1.1. Unfortunately it is moot, since it is impossible to go backwards (from 1.2.1) according to Canon and that is confirmed, the camera doesn't recognize the old card even though the computer does.

     

    Bill

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.