I came over to the Florida Keys to dive the wrecks with the intention of writing a feature. Alas, the wind has blown us out so far (although I hope it will be better now I am down in Key West).
I am due to fly back to the UK on the 24th April but I guess thanks to Icelandic Ash I might be stranded here. Are you in Florida? I might call on you for a brief visit and a "Do you mind if I crash on your sofa?"
If you had been a couple of weeks earlier, the sofa would be yours.... even a bed with pillow! Alas, we just packed the place up and hurricane proofed it as best we could, added prayers for a calm storm season, and won't be back till next November. Maybe next year.
Fletcher
We're flying down to Florida from NY tomorrow so we're going to be stuck down there too. We're not actually due back in the UK till the 28th so hopefully the ash clouds will have moved on by then, unless the doomsayers are right and the eruptions so far are just the beginning..... if that's the case then we could be looking to charter a boat!
I just want to thank Dean Vitale and Patrick Geber of Pegasus Thruster for a great day out to dive the Spiegel Grove and the Duane and a great night in at the Tavernier house.
The Pegasus Thruster is a spectacular item of diving kit and ideal for underwater photographers and you'll be able to read all about it when it's on divernet.com. I'll post the link in due time. ..and the UK-bound airlines are operating again so I should be able to get home!