Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

nikon capture nx2

Started by MATT S ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

nikon capture nx2

8 posts
  1. Hey their I have a Nikon D90 and really need some software to process the raw files. I did download a trial copy of Nikon capture nx but I found it to be very slow could this be because it was a trial copy?

  2. Hey their I have a Nikon D90 and really need some software to process the raw files. I did download a trial copy of Nikon capture nx but I found it to be very slow could this be because it was a trial copy?

     

    No, it' same same.

  3. I don't have the problem. I was using the Capture NX and and now Capture NX2.

  4. I've never had a problem with NX2 speed. What computer do you use, and how much RAM does it have?

  5. I've never had a problem with NX2 speed. What computer do you use, and how much RAM does it have?

     

     

    thanks for the replies. I am really not the best on the computer but I will try to answer question. My computer is a Intel ® Pentium ® with 504 mb of ram.

     

    Cheers Matt

  6. My computer is a Intel ® Pentium ® with 504 mb of ram.

     

    I think that's your problem in a nutshell. You don't have enough RAM to run this program without experiencing frustration in using it. I had this problem on an older computer that didn't have enough memory. Once I upgraded the RAM, the problems in running Capture NX2 went away. You might want to shoot in jpg only until you can upgrade your memory. Although it's far preferred to shoot in RAW, given all the controls you have and the non-destructive nature of the files, if the software to use RAW files is running too slowly, then it's probably best to shoot in jpg for the time being. The good thing is that memory is cheap so it may be relatively inexpensive to upgrade the memory.

     

    Ellen

  7. I think that's your problem in a nutshell. You don't have enough RAM to run this program without experiencing frustration in using it. I had this problem on an older computer that didn't have enough memory. Once I upgraded the RAM, the problems in running Capture NX2 went away. You might want to shoot in jpg only until you can upgrade your memory. Although it's far preferred to shoot in RAW, given all the controls you have and the non-destructive nature of the files, if the software to use RAW files is running too slowly, then it's probably best to shoot in jpg for the time being. The good thing is that memory is cheap so it may be relatively inexpensive to upgrade the memory.

     

    Ellen

    Looks like its time to upgrade then.

  8. Yeah, Matt. I don't know what type of machine you have and how old it is. But sounds like it's time. A faster processor is only part of the equation. If you are upgrading your whole machine, think of having 2-4GB of internal memory at least if you want to see editing programs like NX2 work to their full potential.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.