Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Need Proof Readers and Beta Testers

Started by FishTales ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Need Proof Readers and Beta Testers

6 posts
  1. I have a couple of UW Photo related projects that are nearly finished and need some new eyes to look at them.

     

    The first project is a pair of new UW Photo Instructional books. One is geared toward Point and Shoot systems and the other for DSLR systems. I need a couple of proof readers to go over them with a fine tooth comb before they go off to the publisher. Volunteers will receive a free copy of the finished book of their choice when printed in June and also a PDF eBook or iPad iBook of your choice. You must be a literate English speaker and should have Adobe Acrobat because you will be marking up a PDF proof. It is not necessary for you to have a great deal of UW Photo knowledge because these are instructional books and it may be useful to have someone proof them who doesn't "know it all" already. In a perfect world, I would have two proof readers for each book, one a newbie and one experienced. Both books have had a couple passes through various spell and grammar checkers, but there are always things that slip through because of correctly spelled but incorrectly used words.

     

    The other project involves beta testing an iPhone/iPod Touch app and an iPad app that are UW Photo related. I'm really most interested in beta testers for the iPad app as I don't have my hardware yet and won't be able to get my hands on any for at least two or three weeks. So if you have an iPad and want to test a new app, let me know. If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, that version can use a couple more eyes looking at it too.

     

    If you have any questions regarding either of these projects, just send me a PM.

     

    Steve Fish

  2. Hi Steve,

     

    I would be happy to read your book, the one geared towards Point and Shoot's. im not expert but have had a few reasonably sucessful trips and have spent many a happy hour reading here on WP etc.

     

    I also have an iPhone and would be happy to test the app as well.

     

    PM me if you like,

    Mark

  3. Hi Mark,

     

    I can send the pdf file to you as an attachment to an email if you give me an email address. Alternatively, I can give you a link to download it via YouSendIt if you can't take a 7 MB attachment.

     

    I'm assuming that you have Adobe Acrobat Pro for markup?

     

    Regards,

     

    Steve

     

    Hi Steve,

     

    I would be happy to read your book, the one geared towards Point and Shoot's. im not expert but have had a few reasonably sucessful trips and have spent many a happy hour reading here on WP etc.

     

    I also have an iPhone and would be happy to test the app as well.

     

    PM me if you like,

    Mark

  4. I would be happy to take a look at either book. I have experience in the past with point and shoots, DSLRs and editing. You'd just need to give me instructions on what is "fair game" for suggestions -- i.e., some people only want grammatical editing, others are fine with some content suggestions as well. Send me a PM or if you want to discuss further.

     

    Mike

  5. I'll test the photo app on my iPad and/or iPhone.

    Edited by ehanauer
  6. I've had a terrific response from the members and I think I'm set now for both proof readers for the books and beta testers for the apps. The planned release date for both books and the apps is around June 9 (when I return to the US for a visit). I will be offering 50 of the apps for free to Wetpixel members during the launch, so keep your eyes on the forum.

     

    Thanks for the help!

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.