So just got my new Nauticam 7D housing in my hands (replaces the Nauticam D90). These are just my quick initial opinions.
I will add to this post after I have had a chance to get a few dives on it this weekend.
First impression is of the size. It feels much more compact than the D90 Nauticam, probably due to the flash on Canon not needing to be all the way open, but for a camera that is noticeably larger than the D90, the housing feels amazingly compact - actually specs might not agree, but thats how it feels.
Typical solid Nauticam fit and finish. The quality on these housings is immediately noticeable with all the buttons/knobs/levers being very smooth with just enough give/play to them.
All the buttons are very well positions, on equal with the D90, but with the added features of the very cool "piano" keys and the multi-selector, video on/off, etc. The housing DOES have larger control knobs now for the two command wheels on the camera and they seem perfectly usable with no gloves and look like they are large enough and textured enough for use with thick gloves as well.
I do miss the top window that was present on the D90 housing, but I imagine this will have little if any practical impact on how I shoot or control the camera.
The inside guts look of equal quality with all levers and gears looking to be of high quality and excellent finish and alignment.
My housing does still have the optical connectors right at the front of the housing, so it seems there will be minor complications with fitting optical cables when using at 8+ inch dome. I can comment more on this once I have it set-up later.
Overall I am impressed. More after a few dives.