Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

1.4x teleconverter for Nikon 60 mm AF-S micro

Started by sasdasdaf ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

1.4x teleconverter for Nikon 60 mm AF-S micro

2 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I have 2 questions:

     

    1. What is the best choice for 1.4x teleconverter for a Nikon 60 mm AF-S micro lens? I am using a Nikon D40 but I presume that is irrelevant.

     

    2. Will the Nikon 60 mm AF-S micro lens + 1.4x teleconverter fit in an Ikelite standard flat port for a Nikon 105 mm AF-S VR micro (Ikelite #5505.46)?

     

    Thank you.

  2. Hi all,

     

    I have 2 questions:

     

    1. What is the best choice for 1.4x teleconverter for a Nikon 60 mm AF-S micro lens? I am using a Nikon D40 but I presume that is irrelevant.

     

    2. Will the Nikon 60 mm AF-S micro lens + 1.4x teleconverter fit in an Ikelite standard flat port for a Nikon 105 mm AF-S VR micro (Ikelite #5505.46)?

     

    Thank you.

     

    I have not been able to get any TC to work with the AFS60 micro lens. It just won't lock focus. Nikon does not recommend TC on AFS60.

     

    In the old days there were those who prefered the AFD60mm + TC2.0 using the 105mm flat port. The 1.4x TC is much smaller, so it should fit. Not sure if it will be ok, though. But the point is probably moot if the AFS 60 can't AF with TC.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.