Someone just gave me a few new wet lenses for the Motor Marine system.
I have 2 of these lenses already for my old Canon S300 that has been relegated to a backup system. It uses a Sea and Sea adapter to mount to the front of the Canon stock housing. You can use the old motor marine II wet lenses. I have used the 16mm quite succcessfully. I haven't used this camera in years and its a little long in the tooth. Now I just got a new 20mm and TT3 macro.
So I have been thinking, does Sea and Sea still make these adapters? Does anyone have one of these for a newer camera? What camera would you recommend to pair this with?
Someone just gave me a few new wet lenses for the Motor Marine system.
I have 2 of these lenses already for my old Canon S300 that has been relegated to a backup system. It uses a Sea and Sea adapter to mount to the front of the Canon stock housing. You can use the old motor marine II wet lenses. I have used the 16mm quite succcessfully. I haven't used this camera in years and its a little long in the tooth. Now I just got a new 20mm and TT3 macro.
So I have been thinking, does Sea and Sea still make these adapters? Does anyone have one of these for a newer camera? What camera would you recommend to pair this with?
I recently dug out my old MMII lenses and thought about ways to attach them to my canon housing. What I did was buy an inon 28AD adapter for it and cut down a S&S adapter that was for a sony digicam until just the attachment ring was left. Its a perfect fit in the inon adapter, and is now glued in place with araldite. Its a very strong arrangement, with no strain put on the housing. I've only had one chance to try it out in the sea a few days ago, and it seemed to work fine with the 16mm and the 3x macro, though I need to spend more time working out the best way to focus etc (conditions were less than perfect with a strong swell and poor viz). You could maybe modify your old adapter in the same way.
Sea&Sea website still advertises some adapters, though not for any camera I've ever owned. You also see them occasionally on Ebay but you won't know if it fits til you try it. The Inon adapters are around 70 GBP a go, though I got mine cheap on ebay. There's also a lot of MMII lenses going for ridiculously cheap prices on ebay recently, which might be a cheap way for somebody to get started with wet lenses.
Thanks, its a shame that they didn't continue making these adapters, they really did make the housed P&S cameras a viable system.