Amazing Sailfish footage from Howard Hall using a RED One with the Gates DEEP RED housing, using a Tokina 10-17mm lens.
Filmed off Isla Mujeres, Mexico during February this year.
It was down sampled from the RED footage to 720 24p. Music by Alan Williams.
[vimeohd]11283795[/vimeohd]
The shots looking straight up with the sailfish corralling the bait ball, and the birds wings flapping above is amazing!
Adam
Now THAT was gorgeous
Loved the silhouetted Sailfish shots from below as well ...
Dive safe
DeanB
Awesome
Todd
Wow. The birds were very cool, the colors on the sailfish, everything....just great
Stunningly good. So many things had to come together to make that. I wonder how many dives that took.
Steve
Stunningly good. So many things had to come together to make that. I wonder how many dives that took.
Steve
Killer footage!
Steve - Trying to put together a charter for this trip this coming winter If you are anyone out there in Wetpixel land is interested.
It was a very exciting trip but am not satisfied with my pics from this past winter's trip....gotta go back!
Mike
Outstanding shots from Howard and the music from Alan fit perfectly.
Steve
Gorgeous work. Would love to do this trip some day. HH's expertise with the camera really shows. A lot could have gone wrong with these shots in terms of exposure, etc. Thanks for posting. I really, really enjoyed this.
Stunning video. I agree that the shots from underneath with the birds above were my favs. Great combination of footage with the music as well.
Thanks for sharing - DiverPam
That footage goes to show why he is Howard Hall and we aren't! Amazing.
Well, that well and truly showed us, didn't it
The silhouette shots with the birds above the surface are fantastic.
Will the RED take exactly the same Tokina 10-17mm lens that the Canon 7d users are raving about?
Well, that well and truly showed us, didn't it
In what way ??? That we are all human and not perfect, however we can all achieve greatness
Dive safe
DeanB
Stunning footage!
Very cool!
Will the RED take exactly the same Tokina 10-17mm lens that the Canon 7d users are raving about?
Howard shoots the RED with Tokina 10-17mm lens a lot. He says its underwater performance on the RED is excellent.
In what way
After the comments on Howard's Maldives footage
After the comments on Howard's Maldives footage
I don't think Adam linked this to prove that Howard Hall can actually shoot great footage I think that's general knowledge me old son
Dive safe
DeanB
Thanks for the comments guys. Yes, the RED can be fitted with a Nikon mount. The sensor is DX and so the Tokina 10-17 works the same on RED as a DX Nikon SLR. If there's any secret to the quality of the sailfish video it is that I shot for five days, captured an hour of mostly bad shots. When those were edited out, I had a nice 1:30 minutes. Howard (at the airport on my way to Cocos)
Thanks for the comments guys. Yes, the RED can be fitted with a Nikon mount. The sensor is DX and so the Tokina 10-17 works the same on RED as a DX Nikon SLR. If there's any secret to the quality of the sailfish video it is that I shot for five days, captured an hour of mostly bad shots. When those were edited out, I had a nice 1:30 minutes. Howard (at the airport on my way to Cocos)
If you ever want someone to baby sit that RED set up I'm available for the rest of the year as a qualified RED/DEEP RED baby sitter ... Very cheap day rates as well...