I used to shoot film. I have nearly 250,000 trannies in my library. Some are quite good. Most are not.
Trannies were selected and sent to publications that then scanned them. I knew nothing of retouching and retouching used to be expensive.
Then I went digital. I found that I had to learn a lot of new skills. Film became unwanted. I had to buy a good scanner in order to supply digital files of shots I had made on film.
I learned to clean up pictures. I call it "Mustardisation" in honour of you-know-who.
I have found that I can now "save" many pictures that were on trannies but were no good for whatever reason, thanks to the skills I have learned through digital photography.
I have attached an example of a trannie that was useless before I found out about the cloning tool!
As someone just said, I need never take another picture underwater. I have enough to last a life-time.
But I will!